JOIN YALE ATHLETICS IN ITS NEXT PHASE OF FUNDRAISING ACHIEVEMENT!
The athletic department at Yale is committed to creating a world-class experience for the student-athletes on all 35 varsity teams. As the landscape of Ivy League athletics becomes increasingly competitive, the financial support from our associations and friends of Yale Athletics is paramount to achieving that mission. The Yale Tomorrow Campaign ended on June 30, 2011 with record results, but like our athletic teams we are not focusing on past success, but looking to making the future stronger. Therefore, we are kicking into the next phase of our fundraising – Operation Overtime.
The economic downturn has impacted budgets throughout the country and clearly here at Yale. Operation Overtime will shift our focus from the Campaign’s priorities to growing our endowments and maximizing annual use funds for our teams. As a result, we have increased our annual fundraising goal for the entire Department by $500,000 and need all friends of Yale Athletics to know that any gift of any size will make an impact! Help raise the bar that was established by alumni and friends of Yale Athletics during the Yale Tomorrow Campaign and help ensure that the end of Operation Overtime finds Yale on top!
ANNUAL GIVING CHALLENGES:
Starting in January through the end of the fiscal year, Yale Athletics will host three giving challenges for all alumni of Yale Athletics:
1) WISER challenge for female athletics alumnae
2) Young alumni challenge for former athletes from the classes of 2001-2011
3) Ray Tompkins Associates challenge for all former athletes
More information about these challenges will be issued soon, so check back often!
FULLY ENDOWING OUR ATHLETIC PROGRAMS WOULD PROVIDE US WITH THE PROTECTION TO THRIVE REGARDLESS OF THE ECONOMIC CLIMATE
New programmatic and coaching endowments help to sustain success in perpetuity for our athletic programs. There are unlimited opportunities for donors to leave a lasting and meaningful legacy for their favorite Yale team(s). Establishing an endowment fund or adding to an existing endowment, allows you to ensure that our coaches and student-athletes have a consistent support base well into the future.
- A named programmatic endowment can be established with a gift of $100,000 (payable over 5 years)
- An endowment can be named in honor of a family, coach, or former student-athlete – the possibilities are endless
- Endowments are provided annual stewardship reports from the University which include growth of the principal and the use of the spendable yield
- Endowment funds are invested along with the larger Yale endowment and managed by Chief Investment Officer, David Swensen and his staff
- Endowments are provided name recognition within the Yale Athletics Annual Review and specific sports newsletters
For information on how to make a gift to an endowment, or to learn more, please contact Alison Cole ’99, Associate Athletic Director, Development and Outreach by email, email@example.com or by phone (203) 432-3344.
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT TO YALE ATHLETICS
- CLICK HERE to make a gift.