A new natatorium at Payne Whitney Gym is now an approved facility on Yale’s capital project list. With a cost of $47 million for a new state-of-the-art facility we need all alumni and friends to join together to make this project a reality.
This New Facility will allow Yale to:
• Host an Ivy League Championship meet due to expansion of lanes (9 total) and deck size
• Allow for more efficient home contests - separate diving well and connection to third floor practice pool allows for enhanced water space for multiple events
• Recruit against our competitors in the League: as facilities are becoming more integral to student-athletes choosing an undergraduate institution we need to ensure our facility offers world-class amenities and the chance to further develop as a swimmer or diver
• Provide fast water: 9 foot depth throughout is proven to be the swiftest water depth
• Serve the broader Yale community for their fitness needs with a facility that is centrally located and walkable from the entire Yale campus
• Serve club teams such as water polo and intramural programming for what will soon be 14 residential colleges
• Serve other varsity teams for rehab, conditioning, and sports medicine purposes
• Offer additional water space for recreational courses such as scuba diving and life guarding/water rescue.
How You Can Help:
- We are still looking for an 8-figure leadership donor to name to new aquatic facility – get your name on a piece of Yale history forever!
- Six and seven-figure gifts will help us move the needle towards completion and will be given naming opportunities within the new facility. We need leaders to step up!
- CREATE A RELAY TEAM – gather with four friends to create a $100,000 relay (each giving $25,000). All $25,000 donors will be recognized on a plaque within the facility
- Email pledges are currently being taken (no cash) until June 30th. At that time we will evaluate our progress and determine next steps on the new aquatic facility.
- All pledges are payable over five years
- Contact Alison Cole ’99, Director of Athletic Development, with any questions or with pledges at Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yale’s ELI (A publication for top donors) on the new aquatic facility – CLICK HERE