Busy Fall 2014 Schedule Awaits Bulldogs
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - With less than a month before pre-season training, the Yale coed sailing team is looking forward to a busy and productive fall season.
The 2014 fall season begins in September and comprises a total of 31 regattas. The coed sailing team will compete in an average of three regattas per week during the months of September, October and November. This means that several teams will represent the Bulldogs at different regattas each weekend.
The Bulldogs are experienced in maintaining a high level of competitiveness throughout the season despite a demanding schedule. It is key to stay focused even towards the end of the season, as the last few weekends involve some of the most competitive regattas such as the Atlantic Coast Championship, the Singlehanded National Championship and the Match Racing National Championship.
After earning two national championship titles in spring 2014, the Bulldogs are excited to jump back into the busy schedule with many returning key players and a promising new freshman class.
Zachary Leonard '89, McNay Family Director of Yale Sailing, and assistant coach Bill Healy will return to lead the Bulldogs alongside captain Graham Landy.
Here are some highlights of the coed sailing fall 2014 season:
- Yale will host two regattas this fall, the 42nd Harry Anderson Trophy (Sept. 13-14) and the Dave Perry Trophy (Nov. 1-2).
- The New England qualifier for the Men's Singlehanded Championship takes place on Sept. 27-28 at Boston College. The Championship itself will be held on Nov. 7-9 at Bellingham Bay Yacht Club in Washington.
- The New England qualifier for the Match Racing Championship takes place on Oct. 11-12 and is hosted by Salve Regina. The Championship itself will be held at Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club on Nov. 22-24 in New York.
- Most of the regattas taking place this season will take place at venues familiar to the Bulldogs.
- The 72nd Pine Trophy Sloop Intersectional (Sept. 13-14), Danmark Trophy (Oct. 4-5) and Atlantic Coast Dinghy Championship (Nov. 15-16) will all be hosted by the Coast Guard Academy in New London, Conn., a 50 minute drive from Yale's campus.
- The schedule is subject to change. Visit http://yalebulldogs.com/sports/c-sail/2014-15/schedule for updates.