a pictorial history from Arcadia Publishing's "Images of Baseball" series
|"Baseball in New Haven Shines Like a Diamond"
--New Haven Register
"A local baseball fan's dream"
--Yale Daily News
This 128-page softcover book features 200 photographs that trace the history of baseball in New Haven from the 1860s to the present. Among the Yale-related images:
- photos of Yale Field dating back to the late 1800s
- photos of some of Yale's greatest teams, including the 1948 College World Series team
- photos of some of the outstanding players to have appeared in Yale uniforms, including Albie Booth, Bruce Caldwell, Ron Darling, Rich Diana, Dave Feuerstein, Frank Quinn, Amos Alonzo Stagg, Dan Thompson and more
- photos of three generations of Bushes -- Prescott, George H.W. and George W.
- photos of some of the greats to have appeared at Yale Field against the Bulldogs, including Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig
- photos of Yale head coaches dating back to 1924, including Smoky Joe
Red Rolfe, Ethan Allen, Ken MacKenzie, Joe Benanto and John Stuper
Written by Athletic Department staff member Sam Rubin `95 (email@example.com), the book also features the other local college and pro teams, including the West Haven Sailors, West Haven Yankees, New Haven Ravens and more.
On sale now at major bookstores.