Dartmouth Visits On Alumni Day
Bulldogs Seek 2-0 Ivy Start
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Yale men's soccer team returns to Reese Stadium to host Dartmouth on Saturday. Kickoff on Alumni Day is slated for 7 p.m., following the Yale-Dartmouth women's game which gets under way at 4 p.m.
Here are storylines for the game:
• The Bulldogs (2-7) opened Ivy League play with a thrilling 2-1 victory over Harvard last Saturday at Reese. Yale scored twice in the final 2:15 to win.
• The Bulldogs are looking to open Ivy play with two wins for the second time in the last three years. Yale also started 2-0 in 2011.
• Scoring the game-winning goal against Harvard earned Henos Musie a couple of awards. He was named the co-Ivy League Player of the Week and also was the league's rookie of the week. In addition, Musie was selected as the Ivy Player of the Week by collegesportsmadness.com.
• Yale has outshot its opponents in six of nine games this season.
• Yale is 3-2-1 in its last six home games with Dartmouth. In the last meeting, the Bulldogs topped the Big Green 2-0 in 2011. Last year, Sten Stray-Gundersen's goal late in the first half turned out to be the difference as Dartmouth knocked off Yale 1-0.
• The Big Green (4-1-4, 0-1 Ivy) suffered its first loss of the season last Saturday, 2-1 to Princeton.
• Dartmouth is second in the Ivy League, allowing just 0.80 goals per game. The Big Green has yielded just eight goals this season.
• Alex Adelabu, a first team All-Ivy selection last year, leads the Big Green with three goals.
• James Hickok (4 starts, 0.66 GAA) and Stefan Cleveland (5 starts, 1.18 GAA) have split the goalkeeping duties for Dartmouth.
Report filed by Tim Bennett, Yale Sports Publicity