Feb. 5, 2005
New Haven, CT - The No. 3 ranked Bulldogs (7-1, 5-0 Ivy) cruised to a 9-0 victory over the visiting Bears today at the Brady Squash Center.
Senior Josh Schwartz, playing at No. 1, defeated Brown's Breck Bailey 3-0. At No. 2, freshman Moshe Sarfaty regrouped after dropping the first game to Daniel Petrie and won the next three games to earn the 3-1 win.
The win over the Bears sets the stage for next Saturday's match at No. 2 Harvard, which will determine the Ivy League champion.
Yale 9, Brown 0
1. Josh Schwartz (Y) def. Breck Bailey (B), 3-0
2. Moshe Sarfaty def. Daniel Petrie (B), 3-1
3. Nick Chirls (Y) def. Ed Cerullo (B), 3-0
4. Gavin Cumberbatch (Y) def. Sean O'Boyle (B), 2-0, Retired
5. Chris Wyant (Y) def. David Krupnick (B), 3-1
6. Ho Ming Chu (Y) def. Jay Beidler (B), 3-0
7. Max Samuel (Y) def. Brian Rifkin (B), 3-0
8. Avner Geva (Y) def. Patrick Haynes (B), 3-0
9. James Rector (Y) def. Mark Goldberg (B), 3-0
Report filed by Sean Singer '06, Yale Sports Publicity