Yale Defeats Boston College 5-2
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Yale improved to 10-5 with a 5-2 victory over Boston College Sunday at Yale University. The Bulldogs bounced back after losing two straight to wrap up their spring break trip with a home victory.
Yale won the doubles point and four of six singles matches to clinch the victory. Playing No. 2 doubles, the duo of junior Calvin Bennett and freshman Marc Powers won 8-5 over Adam Davison and Alex Skinner. At No. 3 doubles, the doubles team of freshman John Huang and freshman Daniel Hoffman defeated Jonathan Schroeder and Akash Muppidi 8-5.
Sophomore Erik Blumenkranz rolled to a 6-1, 6-0 win over Brian Locklear at No. 6 singles. Sophomore Joel Samaha and freshman Daniel Hoffman also won in straight sets at No. 4 and 5 singles, respectively. At No. 4 singles, Hoffman defeated Schreoder 7-5, 6-2. Samaha rolled to a 7-5, 6-3 win over Erik Kreutzer.
Bennett battled to a three set victory at No. 3 singles. After dropping the first set 6-3, the junior won the second set 6-2. Bennett then defeated Skinner in the decisive set 7-5 to claim the victory.
Yale will be back in action next Saturday and Sunday when it hosts St. Johns and Binghamton.
1. Thomas Nolan (BC) def. Marc Powers (Y), 6-1, 5-7, 1-0
2. Akash Muppidi (BC) def. John Huang (Y), 6-4, 6-4
3. Calvin Bennett (Y) def. Alex Skinner (BC), 3-6, 6-2, 7-5
4. Daniel Hoffman (Y) def. Jonathan Schroeder (BC), 7-5, 6-2
5. Joel Samaha (Y) def. Erik Kreutzer (BC), 7-5, 6-3
6. Erik Blumenkranz (Y) def. Brian Locklear (BC), 6-1, 6-0
1. #27 Nolan / Kreutzer (BC) def. Blumenkranz / Samaha
2. Bennett / Powers (Y) def. Davison / Skinner (BC), 8-5
3. Huang / Hoffman (Y) def. Schroeder / Muppidi (BC), 8-5
Report Filed by Steven Horn ’10, Yale Sports Publicity