Feb. 8, 2009
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Yale improved to 3-0 with a 7-0 victory over Stony Brook Sunday at home. The Bulldogs did not drop a set in the victory over Stony Brook.
Playing No. 1 doubles, senior Michael Caldwell and sophomore Calvin Bennett rolled to an 8-2 victory over Ivan Rummel and Halvar Dil. At the No. 2 doubles spot, senior Jeff Dawson and senior Josh Lederman shut out their opponents 8-0. Junior Connor Dawson and freshman Joel Samaha pulled out an 8-4 victory over Ilan Shvartz and Mitch Wong at No. 3 doubles.
At the No. 1 singles spot, Jeff Dawson cruised to a 6-3, 6-1 win over Rummel. Caldwell won 6-3, 7-5 at No. 2 singles over Schvartz. Playing No. 3 singles, Bennett rolled to a 6-2, 6-1 victory over Dil.
At the No. 4 singles position, Samaha defeated Bertrand Marcos 6-4, 6-3. Freshman Erik Blumenkranz cruised to a 6-1, 6-4 win over Youssef Fassi-Fehri. Playing No. 6 singles, senior Tom Santoro pulled out a 7-6, 7-6 win over Mitch Wong.
1. Jeff Dawson (Y) def. Ivan Rummel (S), 6-3, 6-1
2. Michael Caldwell (Y) def. Ilan Shvartz (S), 6-3, 7-5
3. Calvin Bennett (Y) def. Halvar Dil (S), 6-2, 6-1
4. Joel Samaha (Y) def. Bertrand Marcos (S), 6-4, 6-3
5. Erik Blumenkranz (Y) def. Yousseff Fassi-Fehri (S), 6-1, 6-4
6. Tom Santoro (Y) def. Mitch Wong (S), 7-6, 7-6
Report Filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity