March 20, 2005
Elis Lose to Boise State
March 19, 2005
Boise, ID - The Yale men's tennis team lost to Boise State today 6-1. Boise State is currently ranked No. 41 in the nation.
Boise State swept the doubles matches. Milosz Gudzowski and Johnny Lu put up a fierce fight for the No. 3 doubles spot, finally falling 8-6 to Boise.
No. 2 singles Ryan Murphy also battled for a win, yet fell short in the third set. Thomas Schoeck beat Murphy 6-3, 6-7, 10-7.
Brandon Wai, in the No. 1 singles spot, was the only Bulldog who successfully pulled off a win. Wai defeated Luke Shields in straight sets, 6-3, 3-0.
The Elis will return to New Haven to play Manhattan College on Sat., Mar. 2.
Boise State 6, Yale 1
1. Schoeck/Shields, Boise State, def. Murphy/Wai, Yale, 8-0
2. Jobe/Silva, Boise State, def. Lawler/Reynolds, Yale, 8-3
3. Roberson/Vaughan, Boise State, def. Gudzowski/Lu, Yale, 8-6
(Boise wins doubles point)
1. Brandon Wai, Yale, def. Luke Shields, Boise State, 6-3 3-0 retired
2. Thomas Schoeck, Boise State, def. Ryan Murphy, Yale, 6-3 6-7 10-7
3. Matias Silva, Boise State, def. Milosz Gudzowski, Yale, 6-1 6-1
4. Ikaika Jobe, Boise State, def. Rowan Reynolds, Yale, 6-4 6-1
5. Beck Roghaar, Boise State, def. Johnny Lu, Yale, 6-4 6-1
6. Ehren Vaughan, Boise State, def. Rory Green, Yale, 5-7 6-1 10-2
Reported on by Christie Yang '06, Yale Sports Publicity.