April 21, 2007
New Haven, CT - The Bulldogs (7-11, 1-4 Ivy) came up short against the Crimson (8-9, 3-2 Ivy) 5-2 Friday at home. Senior Brandon Wai and sophomore Michael Caldwell came away with victories at No. 1 and 2 singles in the loss.
Vying for his second consecutive Ivy League Player of the Year Award, Wai improved to 4-1 in the Ivy League at No. 1 singles with a 6-3, 7-5 victory over No. 112 Chris Clayton. Caldwell won his third straight match and improved to 4-1 in the Ivy League with a 6-2, 7-5 victory over Ashwin Kumar at No. 2 singles.
The Bulldogs travel to Hanover Sunday to battle Dartmouth before returning to New Haven to conclude their season against Brown next Wednesday.
1. Brandon Wai (Y) def. No. 112 Chris Clayton (H), 6-3, 7-5
2. Michael Caldwell (Y) def. Ashwin Kumar (H), 6-2, 7-5
3. Dan Nguyen (H) def. Jeff Dawson (Y), 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-8)
4. Gideon Valkin (H) def. Rory Green (Y), 6-4, 6-2
5. Sasha Ermakov (H) def. Connor Dawson (Y), 6-3, 6-1
6. Michael Hayes (H) def. Tom Santoro (Y), 6-0, 6-2
1. Wai / Green (Y) def. Kumar / Ermakov (H), 8-5
2. Valkin / Hayes (H) def. J. Dawson / Josh Lederman (Y), 8-3
3. Nguyen / Kieran Burke (H) def. Caldwell / C. Dawson (Y), 9-7
Report filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity