No. 70 Yale Defeats Brown 4-3
April 22, 2009
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - No. 70 Yale concluded its season with a 4-3 victory over Brown to finish the season at 4-3 in the Ivy League and 14-8 overall Wednesday at the Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center. Despite losing the doubles point, the Bulldogs won four of six singles matches to conclude their season with a victory.
Senior captain Jeff Dawson concluded his Yale career with a 6-2, 6-4 straight set victory at No. 1 singles over Chris Lee. It was a fitting end to an outstanding collegiate career for the senior captain. Fittingly, Jeff Dawson concluded his match at the same time that his younger brother junior Connor Dawson finished up at No. 2 singles. Connor Dawson rolled to a 6-2, 6-4 win over Jonathan Pearlman.
Jeff Dawson and fellow senior Josh Lederman also won their final doubles match. The duo won at No. 3 doubles 8-4 over Au and Charlie Posner. The Bulldogs lost the other two doubles matches to lose the doubles point.
1. Jeff Dawson (Y) def. Chris Lee (B), 6-2, 6-4
2. Connor Dawson (Y) def. Jonathan Pearlman (B), 6-2, 6-4
3. Sam Garland (B) def. Michael Caldwell (Y), 6-7, 6-2, 1-0 (5)
4. Calvin Bennett (Y) def. Skate Gorham (B), 6-2, 6-2
5. Noah Gardner (B) def. Joel Samaha (Y), 6-0, 6-2
6. Erik Blumenkranz (Y) def. Kendrick Au (B), 6-4, 7-6
1. Gardner / Garland (B) def. Caldwell / C. Dawson (Y), 8-6
2. Lee / Basudev Ratnam (B) def. Bennett / Samaha (Y), 8-3
3. J. Dawson / Josh Lederman (Y) def. Au / Charlie Psoner (B), 8-4
Report Filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity