April 24, 2005
Hanover, NH - The Yale men's tennis team had an outstanding match against Dartmouth Sunday afternoon in Hanover. The Bulldogs bulldozed over the Big Green, claiming the doubles point and four singles games to win the match 5-2. Today's win improves Yale's overall record to 6-13 and bumps their Ivy record up to 2-4.
On the doubles court, Milosz Gudzowski and Rory Green easily won the No. 3 match 8-3. Brandon Wai and Ryan Murphy also creamed the competition 8-3 to claim the No. 1 spot and the doubles point for the Bulldogs.
In singles action, Matthew Feldman, Green, Gudzowski and Wai all won their matches in straight sets. Feldman claimed the No. 6 match 7-5, 6-4. Green won the No. 5 spot 7-5, 6-1. Gudzowski was dominant in the No. 4 spot with a definitive 6-0, 6-3 win. In typical fashion, Wai put in a solid performance to claim the No. 1 spot 6-2, 6-3.
The Bulldogs finish off the season against Brown at home in New Haven on Thurs., Apr. 28 at 2:30 pm.
Report filed by Christie Yang '06, Yale Sports Publicity.
1. Murphy/Wai (Yale) def. Reyes/Webb (Dartmouth), 8-3
2. Waslen/McGaughey (Dartmouth) def. Reynolds/ Lawler (Yale), 9-8
3. Gudzowski/Green (Yale) def. West/Sahu (Dartmouth), 8-3
1. Brandon Wai (Yale) def. Dave Webb (Dartmouth), 6-2, 6-3
2. Dave Waslen (Dartmouth) def. Ryan Murphy (Yale), 6-2, 7-6
3. Marc Brodie (Dartmouth) def. Rowan Reynolds (Yale), 7-5, 4-6 (7)
4. Milosz Gudzowski (Yale) def. Jeff Schechtman (Dartmouth), 6-0, 6-3
5. Rory Green (Yale) def. Andres Reyes (Dartmouth), 7-5, 6-1
6. Matthew Feldman (Yale) def. Priya Sahu (Dartmouth), 7-5, 6-4