Team Has Won Award Every Season Pam Stuper Has Been Head Coach
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The Yale field hockey has been recognized by the National Field Hockey Coaches Association with the NFHCA National Academic Team Award for the 2013 season. The Bulldogs also had 13 individuals named to the NFHCA National Academic Squad. The NFHCA announced the awards on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Bulldogs have earned the National Academic Team Award in each of their nine seasons under head coach Pam Stuper. The award is presented to all NCAA field hockey teams that had a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the fall of 2013.
This year's 13 National Academic Squad honorees from Yale included two seniors who earned the award all four years of their careers: midfielder/back Georgia Holland (Stony Brook, N.Y.) and forward/midfielder Emily Schuckert (Wilmington, Del.). Schuckert was also a two-time Academic All-Ivy League selection.
The National Academic Squad recognizes those student-athletes who have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30 through the first semester of the 2013-14 academic year.
Yale's 2013 NFHCA National Academic Squad honorees:
- Jessie Accurso***, Jr., Jamison, Pa./Central Bucks South (history)
- Erica Borgo***, Sr., Randolph, N.J./Randolph (political science)
- Rhoni Gericke*, Fr., Cape Town, South Africa/Herschel (undeclared)
- Brooke Gogel***, Sr., Bronxville, N.Y./Bronxville (political science)
- Georgia Holland****, Sr., Stony Brook, N.Y./Ward Melville (molecular, cellular & developmental biology)
- Emilie Katz*, Fr., Newton, Mass./Buckingham Browne & Nichols (undeclared)
- Steffi Katz*, Fr., Newton, Mass./Buckingham Browne & Nichols (undeclared)
- Grace McInerney***, Jr., Blue Bell, Pa./William Penn Charter (molecular, cellular & developmental biology)
- Kelsey Nolan*, Fr., Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield (undeclared)
- Emily Schuckert****, Sr., Wilmington, Del./Tower Hill (environmental engineering)
- Noelle Villa*, So., Green Brook, N.J./Oak Knoll (statistics)
- Alyssa Weiss*, Fr., Potomac, Md./Winston Churchill (undeclared)
- Molly Wolf**, So., Endwell, N.Y./Maine-Endwell (chemical engineering)
*: number of times honored
Report by Sam Rubin '95 (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yale Sports Publicity