Yale's stellar sophomore duo Seo Hee Moon and Sun Gyoung Park earned All-Ivy Honors for their performances at last weekend's Ivy League Championships. Park took home first-team recognition for her third-place finish, while Moon's eighth-place showing garnered her second-team honors.
That duo was the most consistent all year for the Bulldogs, as either Moon or Park was the team's top finisher at every tournament this spring. In fact, that duo comprised two-thirds of Yale's top-three finishers at every tournament this year.
Park carried momentum from a strong end to her 2011 season into 2012. The Arizona native was the Bulldogs' top finisher at the NCAA Regional last year after a strong showing (12th) at the Ivy League Championships. She started off the 2012 season in similar style, with a 14th-place finish at the Rio Verde Invitational, Yale's top finish. Park was also the low Bulldog shooter at the Hoya Invitational, where she tied for 13th. Park was also a NGCA All-American in 2011.
Moon, the reigning Ivy League Player and Rookie of the Year, made it two straight years of all-conference honors after a First-Team showing last year. She tied for 16th at the Hoya Invitational, and shot the second-lowest round of any player in the field at the Brown Invitational (72) en route to a fourth-place finish.
Harvard and Penn were the only other schools to see two golfers named All-Ivy, and the Crimson had three selected. The entire all-Ivy squad is listed below, along with their finishes at the Ivy League Championships. Last year's individual champion Michelle Piyapattra was named 2012 Ivy League Player of the Year, and Harvard standout Tiffany Lim was the conference Rookie of the Year.
1. Bonnie Hu, Harvard (77-73-75--225)*
2. Isabel Han, Penn (81-72-77--230)*
3. Sun Gyoung Park, Yale (78-77-76--231)*
4. Michelle Piyapattra, Columbia (80-73-80--233)*
5. Stephanie Hsieh, Brown (82-75-77--234)*
6. Amanda Chin, Penn (79-82-74--235)^
7. Kelly Shon, Princeton (85-76-75--236)^
8. Seo Hee Moon, Yale (85-75-78--238)^
9. Tiffany Lim, Harvard (83-78-80--241)^
10. Ahram (Jane) Lee, Dartmouth (81-82-81--244)^
11. Jane Lee, Harvard (86-82-76--244)^
Report filed by Chelsea Janes '12, Yale Sports Publicity