New Haven, Conn.-- Five members of the Yale Women's Golf Team have earned All-American Scholar honors from the Women's Golf Coaches Association for 2016-17. The awards were announced on Tuesday.
Notably, the honor has one of the highest GPA requirements (3.5 or above) of any collegiate sport's similar honors. Despite such rigorous standards, the Yale women's golf team continues to demonstrate their ability to not only balance, but excel in, their lives as student athletes. This year the team boasts five members who have received the distinction.
1,011 women's collegiate golfers were honored this year. Yale's 2017-18 honorees -- with asterisks indicating how many times they have earned the award in their career -- include:
- Julie Luo***, Sophomore, Alexandria, Va./Thomas Jefferson
- Jennifer Peng****, Junior, Highland Park, N.J./Torrey Pines
- Jayshree Sarathy****, Junior, Palo Alto, Calif./Gunn
- Beryl Wang*, Sophomore, Sugarland, Texas / Clements
- Lucy Liu*, First-Year, Vancouver, Canada / Crofton House
Report Filed by Amairani Santoyo '19, Yale Sports Publicity