March 7, 2006
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - The Yale women's hockey team placed seven players on the ECAC Hockey League All-Academic Team, announced today by the conference.
Yale's honorees were:
- F Regan Gilbride (White Plains, N.Y.), Jr., Economics
- F Kelsey Johnson (Wayzata, Minn.), Jr., Economics
- G Sarah Love (Bayfield, Ont.), Sr., History of Science/History of Medicine
- D Nina Resor (Westwood, Mass.), Jr., History
- F Kristin Savard (Framingham, Mass.), Jr., Political Science
- F Jenna Spring (Cranbrook, B.C.), Jr., History of Science/History of Medicine
- F Sheila Zingler (Wausau, Wisc.), Jr., Psychology
Gilbride, Johnson, Resor, Savard and Spring are all two-time honorees. Yale has had 16 All-Academic selections over the past two years, more than any other two-year span in school history.
Players are eligible for the ECACHL All-Academic team if they have completed at least one academic year, have a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, and have competed in at least one-half of her team's games during the current season. Goaltenders must have played in at least 33 percent of the team's minutes.
report by Sam Rubin '95, Yale Sports Publicity