March 9, 2005
New Haven, CT - Setting all kinds of records on the ice and preparing for their first-ever trip to the ECACHL semifinal, the Yale women's hockey team added a different kind of mark when the ECACHL All-Academic team was announced Wednesday. A school-record nine Bulldogs made the squad, including the entire senior class, giving Yale the sixth-highest total among all ECACHL schools in the history of the award.
Yale's honorees were:
- Erin Duggan, Sr., Psychology
- Regan Gilbride, So., Undeclared
- Kelsey Johnson, So. Undeclared
- Sarah Love, Jr., Psychology
- Nina Resor, So., Undeclared
- Kristin Savard, So., Undeclared
- Jenna Spring, So., Undeclared
- Nicole Symington, Sr., Psychology
- Ali Turney, Sr., Psychology
Players are eligible for the All-Academic team if they have completed at least one academic year, have a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, and have competed in at least one-half of her team's games during the current season. Goaltenders must have played in at least 33 percent of the team's minutes.
Yale plays Harvard in the ECACHL semifinals Saturday at 1 p.m. at Union's Messa Rink in Schenectady, N.Y.