NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Yale women's lacrosse team earned IWLCA Academic Squad recognition and had 10 members of the team named to the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll for the 2017 season. The IWLCA announced the awards on Wednesday.
IWLCA Academic Squad recognition is given to all NCAA women's lacrosse teams with a team GPA of 3.0 or greater. The IWLCA Honor Roll recognizes student-athletes who have achieved at least junior status academically and have a cumulative grade point average or 3.50 or greater. A total of 402 student-athletes, representing 102 different institutions, earned Honor Roll recognition this year.
The Bulldogs' honorees, their hometowns, 2017 class years and majors:
- Emma Dunne (Oak Park, Ill.), Junior, Molecular, cellular and developmental biology
- Madeleine Gramigna (Summit, N.J.), Junior, Psychology
- Emily Granger (Grasonville, Md.), Junior, Ecology and evolutionary biology
- Cooper Hall (Wyndmoor, Pa.), Junior, Architecture
- Hope Hanley (Dover, Mass.), Senior, Political science (two-time honoree)
- Emily Markham (Manhasset, N.Y.), Senior, Political science (two-time honoree)
- Tess McEvoy (Bethesda, Md.), Senior, Political science (two-time honoree)
- Maggie Pizzo (East Hampton, N.Y.), Junior, Political science
- Katie Smith (Duxbury, Mass.), Junior, Political science
- Lily Smith (Duxbury, Mass.), Junior, Psychology
Report by Sam Rubin '95 (email@example.com), Yale Sports Publicity