NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Yale women's lacrosse team earned IWLCA Academic Squad recognition and had 10 members of the team named to the IWLCA Academic Honor Roll for the 2018 season. That total ties Yale with Brown and Stanford for the most academic honor roll selections in the nation. The IWLCA announced the awards on Monday.
IWLCA Academic Squad recognition is given to all NCAA women's lacrosse teams with a team GPA of 3.0 or greater.
The IWLCA Honor Roll recognizes student-athletes who have achieved at least junior status academically and have a cumulative grade point average or 3.50 or greater. Yale's seven seniors who were honored this year all won the award last year as well. The Bulldogs also had three juniors honored.
The Bulldogs' honorees, their hometowns, 2018 class years and majors (* = number of years on IWLCA Honor Roll):
- Keri Cavallo * (Rockville Centre, N.Y.), Junior, History
- Emma Dunne ** (Oak Park, Ill.), Senior, Molecular, cellular and developmental biology
- Madeleine Gramigna ** (Summit, N.J.), Senior, Psychology
- Emily Granger ** (Grasonville, Md.), Senior, Ecology and evolutionary biology
- Cooper Hall ** (Wyndmoor, Pa.), Senior, Architecture
- Izzy Nixon * (Greenwich, Conn.), Junior, Political science
- Maggie Pizzo ** (East Hampton, N.Y.), Senior, Political science
- Eliot Schulte * (Hopewell, N.J.), Junior, Modern Middle Eastern Studies
- Katie Smith ** (Duxbury, Mass.), Senior, Political science
- Lily Smith ** (Duxbury, Mass.), Senior, Psychology
Report by Sam Rubin '95 (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yale Sports Publicity