Ends Long Road Stretch
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Bulldogs will spend the first part of the university's fall break on the road. Yale travels to Delaware State on Wednesday for the final non-league game of the season. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. at Alumni Stadium and video is available from Delaware State's website.
Here are notes on the game:
- The Bulldogs (6-5-1) are coming off a 1-0 victory at Cornell on Saturday. Aerial Chavarin scored the only goal of the game late in the first half. Chavarin was named to the Ivy League Honor Roll.
- The shutout of the Big Red was Yale's fourth of the season.
- Wednesday's game ends a stretch of four straight games away from home for the Bulldogs, who are back at Reese Stadium on Saturday for the first time since Sept. 22. That is the first of three straight home games.
- Chavarin leads Yale with four goals. Noelle Higginson has a team best 11 points (3 goals, 5 assists).
- Yale and Delaware State are playing for the second straight year. Last year at Reese Stadium, the Bulldogs rolled to a 3-0 victory. It was a particularly memorable game for Sarah Jordan, who scored her first career goal.
SCOUTING DELAWARE STATE
The Hornets (3-10-2) are coming off a 2-1 home win over Canisius on Monday. Jade Jamison leads the team with six goals. Savannah Ay is next with three. Yale is the first of three games against Ivy League opponents for the Hornets, who close out their season at Penn on Oct. 22 and at Brown on Oct. 30. Kortney Rhoades is in her third season as the head coach at DSU.
Yale at Delaware State
Report filed by Tim Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yale Sports Publicity