Yale Seeks Fifth Straight Win Over SHU
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Yale women's soccer team wraps up non-conference play for the 2018 season when Sacred Heart visits Reese Stadium on Wednesday. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. and ESPN+ has the video.
Here are notes on the game
- Fran Steele, who scored in Saturday's game vs. Penn, was named to the Ivy League Honor Roll on Monday.
- Noelle Higginson continues to lead the Ivy League with seven assists. In Ivy games, Higginson has played all but six minutes.
- Aerial Chavarin leads the team with five goals.
- Yale's 21 goals are tied for the second most in the league.
- The Bulldogs have won their last four meetings with Sacred Heart and lead the all-time series 14-1-1.
- Last year at Reese Stadium, Sarah Jordan scored the game-winning goal with less than eight minutes left as Yale knocked off the Pioneers 3-2.
SCOUTING SACRED HEART
The Pioneers (3-13) are coming off a 2-1 loss to Robert Morris on Sunday. Yale is the third Ivy League opponents for SHU, who earlier in the season fell 1-0 at Brown and 3-0 at home to Columbia. Alex Mesropyan leads the team in goals (3), assists (2) and points (8). Matt Micros, who spent the past seven seasons as the head coach at Post University, is in his first year at the helm of Sacred Heart's program.
Sacred Heart at Yale
Report filed by Tim Bennett (email@example.com), Yale Sports Publicity