Yale Seeks Third Straight Win Over Lions
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The home portion of the 2018 season wraps up when Yale hosts Columbia on Saturday. Kickoff at Reese Stadium is slated for 4 p.m., following the Yale-Columbia men's game which is a 1 p.m. start. ESPN+ has the video.
Prior to kickoff, Yale will honor its eight seniors. Michelle Alozie, Keri Cavallo, Sofia Griff, Maritza Grillo, Mackenzie Marsh, Fallon Sheridan, Brittany Simpson and Fran Steele have made outstanding contributions to the Yale women's soccer program both on and off the field over the last four years.
Here are notes on Senior Day
- The Bulldogs have won their last two games against Columbia, including a 1-0 victory in New York last year. Aerial Chavarin scored the only goal of the game on a penalty kick with 56 seconds left in the second half. There was also late drama in the last meeting at Reese Stadium. Alozie scored with 10.7 seconds left in the second half to force overtime, and Geneva Decker '17 tallied the game-winner as the Bulldogs won 2-1.
- Yale leads the all-time series with the Lions 21-7-5.
- The Bulldogs have outscored their opponents 12-6 in the first half.
- Noelle Higginson leads the team with 15 points (4 goals, 7 assists). Chavarin has a team-best five goals.
- Goalkeeper Alyssa Fagel has played all 450 minutes in Ivy League games and has a 1.40 goals against average.
- Yale closes out the season next Saturday at Brown.
The Lions come into the game with a 7-6-1 overall record, including a 3-2 mark in Ivy League play. Columbia is in fourth place in the conference standings with nine points, just four points back from leader Penn and one point behind Harvard and Princeton, who share second place. The Lions are coming off a 1-0 victory over Dartmouth last Saturday. First-year Jessica Schildkraut recorded her first career goal in the win, scoring in the 37th minute. Emma Anderson and Jordyn Geller lead the team with three goals apiece.
Columbia at Yale
Report filed by Tim Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yale Sports Publicity