Yale Soccer to Celebrate Youth Soccer Month vs. Northwestern & Harvard
Sept. 5, 2007
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Come celebrate Youth Soccer Month with the Yale men's & women's soccer teams this September. The Yale men's soccer team will face off against Northwestern on September 7, 2007 at Reese Stadium in the second game of the Yale Soccer Classic. The game will begin at 7:30pm. The Yale women's soccer team will continue the celebration vs. rival Harvard on September 29th at 7:00pm. Admission is free.
Youth Soccer Month is dedicated to increasing awareness of the benefits of playing Youth Soccer in America. Yale Athletics is proud to support this effort and further the goals of Youth Soccer Month:
1. Emphasize soccer as the number one youth participation sport in America and a leading contributor to the healthy lifestyle of millions of American families.
2. Bringing kids and families of all ages and all abilities together for fun, friendship and fitness.
3. Highlighting the various programs available to children interested in participating in soccer, including inner city, special needs, recreational and elite soccer programs.
A series of fun filled messages will be communicated throughout Youth Soccer Month to illustrate the essence of youth soccer. Each week during Youth Soccer Month a different message will be the focus of "Celebrating Soccer in America." The four messages of Youth Soccer month are:
- Fitness: The health and fitness (physical, psychological and social) benefits of playing soccer.
- Fun: Whether recreational or competitive in nature, involvement in soccer is easy, affordable and rewarding.
- Family: Playing soccer ties families together as schedules, vacations and family time are coordinated.
- Friendship: The relationships generated through playing soccer extend beyond the field.
Yale Athletics has joined forces with US Youth Soccer in supporting Youth Soccer Month. Spreading the benefits and impact soccer has had on millions of Americans is very important to both organizations. Please take a minute to spend time with your family and friends this September to experience and support this great sport that has impacted so many lives.
Interest in the sport of soccer is at an all time high in the United States, more than 19 million children ages 5-19, are participating in soccer regularly. In fact, more children are participating in organized soccer than peewee football, youth basketball or Little League baseball.
Recognizing the impact and importance the sport of soccer plays in the day-to-day lives of America's families, and US Youth Soccer, is vital to the future of the sport. The nation's largest youth sport organization is leading Youth Soccer Month, Celebrating Soccer in America this September.
For more information on Youth Soccer Month visit www.YouthSoccerMonth.org.
What: Yale vs. Northwestern Men's Soccer Match
Yale vs. Harvard Women's Soccer Match Celebrating Youth Soccer Month
Where: Reese Stadium off of Central Ave. in New Haven, CT
When: Men: Sept. 7 @ 7:30pm - Women: Sept. 29th @ 7:00pm
For more information: Kristin Murphy (203-436-1256) or firstname.lastname@example.org