No. 1 Bulldogs Defeat No. 2 Bantams
Jan. 26, 2005
Hartford, CT - The defending national champion Bulldogs (7-0, 3-0 Ivy) showed why they are the No. 1 ranked team in the country Wednesday night, defeating No. 2 Trinity (3-1) 7-2 on the Bantams' home courts.
Amy Gross, fresh off of a second place finish at last weekend's Constable Invitational, pulled out a key victory at No. 2, defeating Trinity's Larissa Stephenson 10-8 in the final game of a 3-2 thriller.
This marks the second consecutive year Yale has defeated Trinity. Last year the Elis upset the Bantams on route to their national championship.
Yale hosts Ivy rival No. 3 Princeton (5-0, 2-0 Ivy) this Saturday as it returns to Ancient Eight action.
Results: Yale 7, Trinity 2
1. Lynn Leong (T) def. Michelle Quibell (Y), 3-0
2. Amy Gross (Y) def. Larissa Stephenson (T), 3-2
3. Catherine McLeod (Y) def. Lauren Polonich (T), 3-0
4. Miranda Ranieri (Y) def. Maria Restrepo (T), 3-0
5. Fernanda Rocha (T) def. Frances Ho (Y), 3-2
6. Lauren Doline (Y) def. Siobhan Knight (T), 3-0
7. Rachita Vora (Y) def. Margot Kearney (T), 3-0
8. Lauren McCrery (Y) def. Kim Palterman (T) 3-0
9. Kate Rapisarda (Y) def. Julia Rosenthal (T), 3-0
Report filed by Sean Singer '06, Yale Sports Publicity