Jan. 29, 2005
New Haven, CT - Something had to give when the No. 1 ranked Bulldogs (8-0, 4-0 Ivy) and No. 3 Princeton (6-1, 3-1 Ivy) clashed today at the Brady Squash Center. Both entered the contest undefeated, but the defending national champions came out on top again, beating the Tigers 8-1.
The win brings Yale one step closer to its second consecutive Ivy League championship. A Feb. 9 match with Brown and a Feb. 12 contest at No. 4 Harvard are the only remaining obstacles.
Yale captain Frances Ho defeated Princeton's Christina Fast 3-0, the score by which Yale won seven matches. Despite the 3-0 victories, several matches were closely contested.
Senior Lauren Doline was victorious in the day's tightest match, winning the decisive fifth game against Margaret Kent for the 3-2 victory.
Yale hosts Brown in its final home match of the season on Feb. 5 at noon. The match was moved up from Feb. 9.
1. Michelle Quibell (Y) def. Claire Rein-Weston (P), 3-0
2. Amy Gross (Y) def. Marilla Hiltz (P), 3-0
3. Catherine McLeod (Y) def. Genevieve Lessard (P), 3-0
4. Miranda Ranieri (Y) def. Lena Neufeld (P), 3-0
5. Frances Ho (Y) def. Christina Fast (P), 3-0
6. Lauren Doline (Y) def. Margaret Kent (P), 3-2
7. Carly Grabowski (P) def. Rachita Vora (Y), 3-0
8. Lauren McCrery (Y) def. Anina Nolan (P), 3-0
9. Kate Rapisarda (Y) def. Franny McKay (P), 3-0
Report filed by Sean Singer '06, Yale Sports Publicity