HANOVER, N.H. - No. 46 Yale improved to 15-5 on the season and 4-1 in the Ivy League with a 6-1 victory over No. 53 Dartmouth Friday at Dartmouth. The loss dropped Dartmouth to 16-4 on the season and 3-2 in the Ivy League.
The Bulldogs won all three doubles matches to clinch the doubles point. At No. 1 doubles, the doubles team of sophomore Vicky Brook and junior Lindsay Clark battled to a 9-7 win. The duo of senior Jessica Rhee and sophomore Stephanie Kent pulled out a 9-8 (2) win at No. 2 doubles. Playing No. 3 doubles, junior Stevi Petrelli and freshman Elizabeth Epstein won 8-4.
Brook won in straight sets at No. 1 singles 6-2, 7-6 (3). Epstein also earned a straight set victory with a 6-3, 6-3 win at No. 5 singles.
Three matches went to third sets, but the Bulldogs pulled out all three. Petrelli won the clincher for Yale at No. 4 singles with a 1-6, 6-3, 6-2 win. Playing No. 3 singles, Rhee battled to a 6-0, 3-6, 6-4 win. After dropping the first set, Clark won 1-6, 6-4, 6-1 at No. 6 singles.
Yale is back in action Sunday when it hosts No. 56 Harvard.
1. Brook / Clark (Y) def. Scott / Winingham (D), 9-7
2. Rhee / Kent (Y) def. Leonard / King (D), 9-8(2)
3. Petrelli / Epstein (Y) def. Adler / Smyser (D), 8-4
1. Vicky Brook (Y) def. Molly Scott (D), 6-2,7-6(3)
2. Sarah Leonard (D) def. Stephanie Kent (Y), 6-2,6-3
3. Jessica Rhee (Y) def. Mary Beth Winingham (D), 6-0,3-6,6-4
4. Stevi Petrelli (Y) def. Jesse Adler (D), 1-6,6-3,6-2
5. Elizabeth Epstein (Y) def. Georgiana Smyser (D), 6-3,6-3
6. Lindsay Clark (Y) def. Carley Markovitz (D), 1-6,6-4,6-1
Report Filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity