Yale Loses to Colorado 7-0
March 11, 2008
The Bulldogs lost all three doubles matches to lose the doubles point to Colorado. Colorado clinched the victory in the match with straight set victories at No. 6, 5, and then 1 singles.
At No. 3 singles, Clark managed to take the first set off opponent Gleisy Torres Torres before losing the match in a tiebreaker in the third set. After battling back from a first set deficit, Kim lost in a third set tiebreaker to opponent Camila Belassi 11-9 at No. 2 singles.
The Bulldogs will look to get back on track against UC Irvine Friday.
1) Belassi/Milewski (CU) def. Clark/Rhee (Yale), 8-5
2) Jendrian/Esposito (CU) def. Kim/Dashiell (Yale), 8-1
3) Torres Torres/Probert (CU) def. Nguyen/Petrelli (Yale), 8-1
Order of finish- 2,3,1
1) Monica Milewski (CU) def. Jessica Rhee (Yale) 6-4, 6-1
2) Camila Belassi (CU) def. Janet Kim (Yale) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (11-9)
3) Gleisy Torres Torres (CU) def. Lindsay Clark (Yale) 5-7, 6-1, 1-0 (10-5)
4) Veera Nurmi (CU) def. Stevi Petrelli (Yale) 7-5, 6-3
5) Melisa Esposito (CU) def. Lilian Nguyen (Yale) 6-1, 6-2
6) Franziska Jendrian (CU) def. Silia DeFilippis (Yale) 6-1, 6-0
Order of finish- 6,5,1,3,4,2
Report Filed by Steven Horn '10, Yale Sports Publicity