March 12, 2005
Aimee Kim and Christine Alford were a terrific twosome, winning the No. 1 doubles match 8-3. Rice evened the score by winning the No. 2 doubles match 8-1. In the No. 3 doubles spot, Rashmee Patil and Reshmi Srinath fiercely battled against Rice's Medeja Egic and Christine Dao but finally fell at the last moment, going 9-8(2) and ceding the double's point to Rice.
In singles play, the Owl's Blair DiSesa easily won the No. 1 spot against Srinath, 6-2, 6-0. In the No. 2 spot, Patil lost her first set against Kimberley Patenaude, came back to win the second, but was unable to secure the match in the third set, going 7-6(5), 2-6, 6-3. Alford also faced a tough match against Dominique Karas in the No. 4 match, letting Karas claim victory in the final set, 4-6, 6-2, 7-5.
Kim contributed a decisive Yale victory in the No. 3 singles spot, coming back from a 1-6 in the first set to successfully crush her opponent 6-2, 6-2 in the second and third sets. Olivia Nix also had an outstanding game, defeating her opponent in straight sets, 6-2, 6-3, to claim victory in the No.5 position.
The Bulldogs remain in
No. 41 Rice 5, No. 75 Yale 2
1) Blair DiSesa (Rice) def. Reshmi Srinath (Yale), 6-2, 6-0
2) Kimberley Patenaude (Rice) def. Rashmee Patil (Yale), 7-6 (5), 2-6, 6-3
3) Aimee Kim (Yale) def. Tracie Chong (Rice), 1-6, 6-2, 6-2
4) Dominique Karas (Rice) def. Christine Alford (Yale), 4-6, 6-2, 7-5
5) Olivia Nix (Yale) def. Christine Dao (Rice), 6-2, 6-3
6) Medeja Egic (Rice) def. Lindsey Dashiell (Yale), 6-3, 6-1
1) Kim/Alford (Yale) def. Patenaude/DiSesa (Rice), 8-3
2) Chong/Karas (Rice) def. White/Nix (Yale), 8-1
3) Egic/Dao (Rice) def. Patil/Srinath (Yale), 9-8 (2)
(Rice wins double's point)
Reported by Christie Yang '06, Yale Sports Publicity.