March 14, 2005
No. 2 Rashmee Patil was immediately challenged by Catherine Zawadzki. Zawadzki managed a 3-6 in the first set, however Patil came back strong, going 6-4 in the second set and then clinching the victory in the final set 10-6.
Aimee Kim dominated the No. 3 position, winning in straight sets 7-6, 3-0 ret. No. 4 Christine Alford also won in straight sets, easily coasting to a definitive 6-1, 6-1 victory. In the No. 6 spot, Olivia Nix also had an exceptional game, winning 6-1, 6-0.
Although Yale lost the No. 1 doubles game 8-6, the
1) Reshmi Srinath (Yale) def. Victoria Vaynberg (
2) Rashmee Patil (Yale) def. Catherine Zawadzki (
3) Aimee Kim (Yale) def. Ashley Lipton (
4) Christine Alford (Yale) def.
5) Katie Bramante (
6) Olivia Nix (Yale) def. Pearly Leung (
1) Zawadzki/ Vaynberg (
2) White/ Nix (Yale) def. Leong/ Bramante (
3) Srinath/ Patil (Yale) def. Lipton/ Huignard (
Yale wins double's point
Reported by Christie Yang '06, Yale Sports Publicity.