Yale Beaten by San Diego, 5-2
March 16, 2005
In doubles action, the No. 3 team of Lindsey Dashiell and Reshmi Srinath had an extremely strong match, defeating USD's Tara Livesay and Helene Lindstrand 8-3. The team of Olivia Nix and Stephanie White battled it out with Emma Murphy and Lauren Perl for the No. 2 win, but fell 9-8(4). USD's Jenny Brown and Lauren Kazarian defeated Aimee Kim and Rashmee Patil for the No. 1 doubles win 8-4, clinching the doubles point in USD's favor.
Yale looked to make up the doubles loss on the singles court. Nix had a promising start against Lindstrand, winning the No. 6 singles spot 61, 6-4. Kim added to Nix's win, securing the No. 3 spot 6-4, 7-5. However, Yale was unable to win the other singles matches, as USD won the No. 1, 2, 4 and 5 spots in straight sets.
1. Emma Murphy (USD) def. Reshmi Srinath (Yale), 6-1, 6-2
2. Lauren Kazarian (USD) def. Rashmee Patil (Yale), 6-1, 6-3
3. Aimee Kim (Yale) def. Lauren Perl (USD), 6-4, 7-5
4. Tara Livesay (USD) def. Christine Alford (Yale), 6-3, 6-3
5. Jenny Brown (USD) def. Stephanie White (Yale), 6-4, 6-1
6. Olivia Nix (Yale) def. Helene Lindstrand (USD), 6-1, 6-4
1. Brown/ Kazarian (USD) def. Kim/Patil (Yale), 8-4
2. Murphy/Perl (USD) def. Nix/White (Yale), 9-8 (4)
3. Dashiell/Srinath (Yale) def. Livesay/Lindstrand (USD), 8-3
(USD wins the doubles point)
Report filed by Christie Yang '06, Yale Sports Publicity.