Yale Ice Hockey White Out for Mandi
The Yale women’s ice hockey team is dedicating its game vs. Colgate on Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013, to Mandi Schwartz '10 (1988-2011), utilizing the game as a fundraiser for the Mandi Schwartz Foundation. The team is lining up pledges from donors. The event also helps raise awareness of the need for marrow donors and umbilical cord blood donors. It is also Yale women's ice hockey Alumnae Weekend.
The team is selling special white t-shirts. Youth hockey teams were encouraged to come wearing white jerseys. The Bulldogs will honor Mandi in a special ceremony at the game. Mandi's parents, Carol and Rick, are coming in from Saskatchewan to present ECAC Hockey's 2011-12 Mandi Schwartz Award as student-athlete of the year to Yale's Aleca Hughes '12.
The goal of the annual "White Out for Mandi" games is to pack Ingalls Rink, with everyone wearing white, as a “White Out for Mandi” show of support. No admission is charged, and donations for the Mandi Schwartz Foundation are accepted at the door.
The Bulldogs hope to set the record for attendance at a women’s game at Ingalls Rink. The current record is 1,539, set on Nov. 1, 2005, when Team USA played an exhibition game against the ECAC Hockey All-Stars. The capacity of Ingalls Rink is 3,500.
"White Out for Mandi"
- Ingalls Rink, 73 Sachem Street, New Haven, Conn.
- Saturday, Jan. 26, 2012
- Yale Women's Ice Hockey vs. Colgate
- 4:00 p.m. game
- No admission charge; donations accepted at the door
Auction Items, available for bidding at the game (subject to change):
- Signed Jaden Schwartz jersey
- Signed Mike Eruzione 1980 USA Olympic jersey
- Signed New York Rangers Mark Messier jersey
- Signed New York Rangers Mike Richter jersey
- Signed Kevin Shattenkirk jersey
- Signed PK Subban Montreal Canadiens jersey
NOTE: PK Subban is also scheduled to attend the White Out for Mandi in person, and will be signing autographs in exchange for donations
- Signed photo of Rob McClanahan (1980 US Olympic team) scoring vs. West Germany
- 4 New York Islanders Tickets + meet/greet with team
- 2 pairs of New York Rangers tickets
- 2 Beanpot Tickets
- From Jim Craig: signed 1980 USA Olympic jersey, signed poster
The following teams have participated in donating toward the White Out for Mandi:
- Brown women's ice hockey
- Colgate women's ice hockey
- Cornell women's ice hockey
- Dartmouth women's ice hockey
- Middlebury women's ice hockey
- Princeton women's ice hockey
- Syracuse women's ice hockey
- White Out for Mandi Donation Pledge Form -
pledge based on the attendance total for the game
- Donate to the Mandi Schwartz Foundation On-line
- Mandi Schwartz '10 (1988-2011) and the Mandi Schwartz Marrow Donor Registration Drive at Yale
- Directions to Ingalls Rink
- Facebook Event Page - please RSVP here if you plan on attending
- Sign up here for e-mail or mobile updates on Mandi Schwartz and the White Out for Mandi
- Twitter: #WhiteOutForMandi
- Paige Decker and Alyssa Zupon Appear on "Beyond the Game" to Promote the White Out for Mandi
- Alyssa Zupon on ECAC Hockey's Weekly Radio Show
Watch the White Out on Yale All-Access:
White Out for Mandi Student Organizers:
- Adlon Adams '15
- Jenna Ciotti '14
- Paige Decker '14
For more information about the Mandi Schwartz Foundation, please contact Aleca Hughes '12, former Yale's women's ice hockey captain, at email@example.com