Yale Ice Hockey White Out for Mandi
Twitter hashtag: #WhiteOutForMandi
The Yale women’s ice hockey team is dedicating its game vs. Brown on Friday, Jan. 24, 2014, to Mandi Schwartz '10 (1988-2011), utilizing the game as a fundraiser for the Mandi Schwartz Foundation. This is the fourth annual "White Out for Mandi".
The goal of the annual "White Out for Mandi" game is to pack Ingalls Rink, with everyone wearing white, as a “White Out for Mandi” show of support. No admission is charged, and donations for the Mandi Schwartz Foundation are accepted at the door.
The team will be selling special white sweatshirts and youth hockey teams are encouraged to come wearing white jerseys. The Bulldogs will honor Mandi in a special ceremony at the game. Mandi's parents, Carol and Rick, are coming in from Saskatchewan. There will also be a special guest appearance by the NHL's St. Louis Blues, including Mandi's brother Jaden Schwartz. The Blues are also holding a practice, open to the general public, at Ingalls Rink from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Friday.
The Bulldogs hope to set the record for attendance at a women’s hockey game at Ingalls Rink. The current record is 1,539, set on Nov. 1, 2005, when Team USA played an exhibition game against the ECAC Hockey All-Stars. The capacity of Ingalls Rink is 3,500.
"White Out for Mandi"
- Ingalls Rink, 73 Sachem Street, New Haven, Conn.
- Friday, Jan. 24, 2014
- Yale Women's Ice Hockey vs. Brown
- 7:00 p.m. game
- No admission charge; donations to the Mandi Schwartz Foundation accepted at the door
- St. Louis Blues open practice at Ingalls Rink, 3:00 p.m.
- Special appearance by the St. Louis Blues at the game (7:00 p.m.)
- Pregame: Ceremonial puck drop
- National Anthem sung by Yale senior forward Patricia McGauley, who is from the same hometown (Wilcox, Sask.) and high school (Athol Murray College of Notre Dame) as Mandi
- 1st Intermission: Carol and Rick Schwartz present Yale with the Be The Match Partnership Award that they accepted on Yale's behalf last October (click here for more info)
Items on Sale at the White Out for Mandi
- Special white "Yale Hockey" sweatshirts (also on sale at Commons during lunchtime each day this week)
- Mandi Schwartz "Heroic Inspirations" Jersey Card from Upper Deck
Auction Items, available for bidding at the White Out for Mandi (subject to change):
- Jaden Schwartz Item
- Autographed U.S. Women's Hockey Olympic Team Stick
- Tickets to a Boston Bruins Game
- Tickets to a Boston Celtics Game
- Autographed Hilary Knight Photo
- Autographed Hilary Knight Mug
- and more!
- Donate to the Mandi Schwartz Foundation On-line
- Mandi Schwartz '10 (1988-2011) and the Mandi Schwartz Marrow Donor Registration Drive at Yale
- Directions to Ingalls Rink
- Facebook Event Page coming soon - please RSVP here if you plan on attending
- Sign up here for e-mail or mobile updates on Mandi Schwartz and the White Out for Mandi
For media inquiries about the White Out for Mandi, contact email@example.com
For more information about the Mandi Schwartz Foundation, please contact Aleca Hughes '12, former Yale's women's ice hockey captain, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Cover Photo (right-click and select "Save As" to save to your computer, then upload to Facebook):