Third Straight Saturday Home Game
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Yale made an early statement in Ivy League play by rallying from a two-goal deficit last weekend to earn a 2-2 tie with three-time defending champion Dartmouth. The Bulldogs face another stiff challenge when red-hot Cornell visits Saturday. Kickoff on Alumni Day at Reese Stadium is set for 5 p.m.
PARKING NOTE: Yale is hosting Holy Cross in football at 1 p.m. at nearby Yale Bowl. Parking for soccer will be available in Lot B for $10. Fans are advised to tell the attendant they are parking for the soccer game.
Here are notes on an important Ivy League contest:
* Kyle Kenagy enters the weekend tied for ninth in the Ivy League with seven points. Kenagy has at least one point in each of Yale's last five games.
* Sophomore Miguel Yuste, who missed virtually all of last season, also is essentially a newcomer making a contribution. He scored the tying goal with 40 seconds left in the second half last Saturday vs. Dartmouth.
* The Bulldogs are playing their third straight game at home to start Ivy League play. After Saturday, Yale has only one home game remaining, Nov. 4 vs. Brown.
* Yale has outscored its opponents 7-4 in the first half this season.
* The Bulldogs beat Cornell 3-0 last year in Ithaca. Yale scored three times in the first eight minutes of the second half, including one from Justin Lobe, the first tally of his career.
* The Bulldogs lead the all-time series with the Big Red 42-27-15.
The Big Red (6-3-2, 1-0-1 Ivy) is unbeaten in its last six games, including a 1-0 win over Harvard last Saturday. Cornell also has a 1-0 victory over then 11th-ranked Syracuse during the streak. George Pedlow, who scored the game-winning goal in the win over Harvard, was named the Ivy League Player of the Week on Monday. Nine different players have scored for the Big Red, led by Tommy Hansan, who has four goals. Cornell has 19 goals on the season, the second most in the league.
The Bulldogs play their first Ivy League road game next Saturday at Penn.
Report filed by Tim Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yale Sports Publicity