Teams Meeting For 12th Straight Year
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Yale's final non-conference game of the season will come against a very familiar foe. The Bulldogs make the short trip to Storrs to meet UConn on Tuesday. It will be the 12th straight year the teams are playing. Kickoff at Morrone Stadium is slated for 7 p.m.
Here are some notes on the Halloween affair.
* Both teams are coming off hard-fought losses over the weekend. The Bulldogs dropped a 1-0 decision to Columbia in a driving rainstorm in New York on Sunday afternoon, while the Huskies suffered a 2-1 loss to Memphis on Saturday night.
* Yale has outshot its opponents in the last three games and six of the past seven.
* All four of Yale's wins this season have come by shutout.
* Five players – Kyle Kenagy, John Leisman, Aldo Quevedo, Cameron Riach and Miguel Yuste – share the team lead with two goals apiece. Kenagy has added three assists and leads the team with seven points.
* Yale and UConn are playing for the 71st time. The Huskies lead the all-time series 39-27-4, including a 1-0 victory at Reese Stadium last year.
* The Bulldogs are playing on Halloween for the second time in the last three years.
The Huskies (7-6-2) are locked in a battle with SMU for the American Conference regular season title. UConn has 12 points, one fewer than SMU. The two teams wrap up the regular season this weekend in Dallas. Offensively, UConn is led by Abdou Thiam, who has scored nine of the team's 19 goals. Goalkeeper Scott Levene has played every minute of every game and has a 1.01 goals against average. The Huskies are among the national leaders in home attendance.
The Bulldogs play their final home game of the season on Saturday, hosting Brown at 7 p.m.
Report filed by Tim Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org), Yale Sports Publicity