Final Home Game Of 2017 Season
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Bulldogs wrap up the home portion of the 2017 season when Brown visits Reese Stadium on Saturday. Kickoff on Senior Day is slated for 7 p.m. In addition to the Ivy League Network, video will be available on ESPN3.
Here are notes on the Ivy League matchup.
* Yale's three seniors – Archie Kinnane, Theo Miller and Josh Totte – will be honored prior to kickoff. The three have been mainstays in the lineup, combining to appear in 172 games. They also have been outstanding representatives of Yale and the men's soccer program off the field.
* The Bulldogs are 3-2-1 this season at Reese.
* Five players – Kyle Kenagy, John Leisman, Aldo Quevedo, Cameron Riach and Miguel Yuste – share the team lead with two goals apiece. Kenagy has added three assists and leads the team with seven points.
* All four of Yale's victories have come by shutout.
* In each of their five Ivy games, the Bulldogs have outshot their opponent.
* Yale leads the all-time series with Brown 40-36-13. The Bears, though, won the most recent game, 3-1 last year in Providence.
The Bears (8-5-2 overall) enter the game tied with Cornell for third place in the Ivy League with seven points. Toby Howell has started all 15 games and leads Brown in goals (5) and points (12). Quinn English has a team-best five assists. Goalkeeper Joey Cipicchio has played every minute of every game and has a 0.82 goals against average. Brown has yielded more than one goal in a game just twice this season.
The Bulldogs close out the season at Princeton next Saturday at 4 p.m.
Report filed by Tim Bennett (email@example.com), Yale Sports Publicity